Have you ever “Googled” yourself? Database searches for one’s own name with an Internet search engine in order to review the results may seem like an ego boost, but it is only a small fraction of the information publicly available about you.
One of the easiest ways to gain a better perspective about what is actually out there about you is to contact a private investigator about conducting a background check on yourself. A background check is the process of looking up and compiling criminal records, commercial records, and financial records of an individual or an organization. A background investigation is a relatively low-cost activity that can save you substantial personal difficulty and expense. Becoming informed, educated, and aware in your personal and business life can help relieve undue stress and complications long term.
There are a number of companies and websites that perform background checks. More often than not these services offer results of a mixed quality by using dated sources that provide only pieces of information, with no quality assurance or professional review.
We use the largest database of public information in the United States, and your results are personally reviewed by private investigators who are former supervisory Federal agents.
Our basic background check and search for a California resident is composed of the following:
• 20-year address history
• Obtaining or confirming a subject’s social security number and date of birth
• Name of anyone using their social security number other than their own
• All statewide real property
• Consumer public filings nationwide including bankruptcies, notice of defaults, judgments, tax liens, and problems with the IRS
• Corporate and limited partnership information
• Uniform commercial code index information
• Civil (Plaintiff and Defendant) and Criminal (Felonies and Misdemeanors) records in 15 of the 58 California counties
• Fictitious business name index
• Professional licensing
• Name and address of neighbors and businesses
When people contact us to conduct a background check on themselves, they are often shocked at the quality of information our in-house computer system, 888USUNITE, pulls up. It’s a mind blowing experience when we explain it’s all public data.
Do you really know what’s on the Internet about you? If you’re interested in seeing what information is held in the world’s largest database of public information, please contact me and we can run a background search.