MartinPI – Private Investigators for Missing Persons
HOw to Find a Missing Person
From a Top Private Investigator
Our team of private investigators are former Federal agents with the FBI, DEA, IRS, or Secret Service. We can help you throughout the continental USA. Call our PI today. We can help!
Private Investigator to find a Missing Person
Are you searching for a missing person? A young child or missing adult child? A biological birth parent? If so, we have compiled a list of links and information that will guide you to finding your friend, family, or loved one. If, however, you are coming up empty based on your searches, it is necessary to call a private investigator. After 50 years of service, Martin Investigative Services can expedite your inquiry.
Call (800) 577-1080
If you believe you have information about a missing person, contact the appropriate law enforcement agency or the California Department of Justice by calling 1-800-222-FIND (1 800-222-3463) or emailing. You can be redirected to the appropriate local law enforcement agencies by calling.
But who else can do the footwork that in prior times was the police? You can with incredible public databases today and an experienced private investigator. As you may know now, the police department are resource limited and depending on certain scenarios will only delve in a certain amount unlike a PI, where they are paid, but they search like no other!
In the meantime, we compiled links to each missing state search page and Facbebook missing person search pages. We wish you the best and contact us.
Call (800) 577-1080
What to look for in a private investigator – Missing person
For quick help, we have compiled some search platforms below that can better aid your understanding of your options.
Here are search links that can help you:
- The search page of the attorney general site. https://oag.ca.gov/missing/search
- Namus Search: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Search
- Missing Person Center: https://missingpersonscenter.org/database-searches/adults/tag/state/california
- MissingKids.org https://www.missingkids.org/search
We hope this helps your missing persons case, but if you hear from the police you have a cold case, reach out to us. Let us help you get back on your search. It’s never too late! Call 1-800-577-1080.
Now, your next step… on the right panel, join multiple Facebook missing persons groups.
If you feel you need a strong response to your situation, contact us and speak with Thomas Martin.
Please understand we will need for you to be transparent with us to help us, help you.
We have over 50 years and still serving! Call us today at 1-800-577-1080.
Who is in charge of Missing People?
The California Department of Justice helps aid law enforcement in locating missing persons. But in many instances, local law enforcement gets bombarded with so many missing person cases daily that they cannot thoroughly investigate your missing loved one. In these circumstances, time, hope, and money are lost. Here at Martin Private Investigators, we can help helped families find missing children, locate missing loved ones, and solve cold cases for over 50 years.
Who Investigates a Missing Person?
The Missing Persons Unit (examines 250-300 reports monthly. Contrary to public belief, federal law prohibits the establishment of a waiting period for M/P reports. In addition, when the MPU cannot find your reported missing person within 24-72 hours, Private Investigators proceed with a more thorough approach—using a wide array of resources to find your missing person.
But who else can do the Investigation? With incredible public databases now highly sophisticated, you may be able to find your missing person without the help of private investigators. But as you may know now, the police department is resource-limited and, depending on specific scenarios, will only delve into an Investigation for a certain amount of time, unlike a PI. Whereas a PI is paid for their expertise, and they search like no other! So if you are interested and need a missing person search, contact our Professional Investigators at 1-800-577-1080, and we will be pleased to set up a consultation with you.
How are Missing Persons Investigated?
Private investigators use many tools to help locate the missing person you have lost contact with. These investigative techniques include:
- Searching Public Data Bases
- Social Media Activity
- Check with mobile phone providers.
- Checking local jails
- Checking Hospitals
- Speaking with the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Searching the area where the person was last seen.
- And Internet history
How long before a person is considered missing?
People ask when to file a missing person report or if there is a waiting period to report a missing person. There is NO waiting period whatsoever, especially for a missing child. Now, while someone is making all the calls to the local police department, search high and low because kids lock themselves in little compartments like a parked car trunk, a washer machine, etc.. so think like them, get down at their eye level and consider how they may think!
Also, if your missing person’s Investigation is to find a person with mental illness, click the link.
How do I locate a missing person?
Here are the 14 steps to assist you in locating missing persons. Contact us if you need help on your cold case. Call 1-800-577-1080 and ask for Thomas Martin.
Report missing persons:
It is crucial to immediately set things into action by calling your local law enforcement agency.
The Missing Children Clearinghouse number is also: Call toll-free: 1-800-222-FIND (1-800-222-3463). Once done, sign up for the email updates. https://oag.ca.gov/subscribe
Call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.
Call your local jails, Hospitals, and Coroners:
Be organized even though you have this enormous pressure falling around you. Potentially you’re missing persons may be in the hospital. If so, it is best to check and call your local hospitals to see if they are there. Contacting your local jails is another good locating tool; this allows you to eliminate accidents, death, or incarceration before you continue your search.
Make it a priority before all else to search online. By searching, you can save yourself money and time. When searching online, you can search public databases, record social media activity and check reports on Facebook for missing person searches in your state. The Internet is continually being updated and searched, which will be the most powerful tool in your Investigation.
Look into Online Directories:
There are many online directories that you can use to collect personal information. These sites will provide first and second names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses if they are available online. You will need to pay for access to many online directories, but a few are free.
Utilize Social Media:
Utilizing social media has become huge in private Investigation and law enforcement agencies. Apps such as Instagram are great tools because you can see their activity. If they are regularly on social media, it would be very beneficial to check that. Through Instagram, you would go to your direct messages in the top right portion of your screen. Once you choose to click direct messages, you will click their username. Underneath their profile, it will say when they were last active. Another tool is Facebook. There are many states and cities with vast followers of missing persons. With the help of these apps, you can get your missing person’s face across and spread it so they can be found.
Find their location using your phone.
Today, there are apps such as find my iPhone and shareable features where someone can share their location with you 24/7. It would be a great tool to use if you want to find you’re missing person. To increase your likelihood of finding your loved ones, here are some resources you and your family can download.
- FollowMee GPS Tracker: Locate & Track Your Device.
- Glympse – Share GPS location.
- TrackView – Find My Phone.
- Life360: Find Family & Friends.
- Parental Control App & Location Tracker – FamiSafe.
- Google Maps.
- Find My iPhone.
Post photos of the Missing Person in Local Places
Posting photos of the missing person in local places can be a good idea to get the word around. Posting flyers in local areas such as churches, hospitals, parks, coffee shops, and gyms are a great place to start with. Posting on social media apps like Instagram and Facebook can help the probability of your search.
You can search the Missing Persons Database.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, or NamUs, are used by law enforcement agencies throughout the country to identify missing people and find the remains of those who were found. NamUs users can access the database. Registered NamUs users can also add to it. NamUs is managed by the U.S. Department of Justice.
Sign up for a free advertisement
Craigslist offers free ads for a wide range of purposes. Locating missing persons is one of those purposes. Place an ad that includes a photo and places it on these sites in any area the person might be in. You can also have a link to a social media site or website and encourage people to share it online and in person. This will also get more eyes to start searching for your loved ones.
Go to Local News Outlets
If you have already filed a police report, but the person is still missing, it is a good idea for you to cooperate with media outlets to share your story, photos, and other information. If viewers have any additional information, the outlet will usually provide a number or tip line to call your family.
See Public & State Records
Public and state records can help find missing people who have been gone for a while. Although these records won’t be able to pinpoint the exact location, they might provide information that could help you find the person you are looking for.
Public and state records are kept to track things such as divorce, bankruptcy, marriage, death, and crimes.
Request Federal Records
You can view and request military records, IRS filings, pilot licenses, and other records from the post office under the Freedom of Information Act. But to receive this information is a very long, drawn-out wait and, in some circumstances, about 5 to 6 months.
Department of Motor Vehicles
The Department of Motor Vehicles is another way to search for your loved one. The Department of Motor Vehicles can tell you their most recent incident if it were to include tickets and rising of insurance.
Hire a Private Investigator
Hiring a Private investigator is the most effective out of all the resources. Private Investigators have the resources and the experience to help you. With over 50 years of excellent quality services, Martin Private Investigation Service will help you find you’re missing loved one. Whether through a cold case, or an unsolved homicide, we will use our advanced techniques to help you. If you are interested, please call 1-800-577-1080 for a free consultation.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
What is the cost of hiring a private investigator to find a missing person?
The complexity of a missing person Investigation can make the costs vary significantly from one client to the next. But, to briefly cover costs, a range of essential investigative services may cost between $100 and $200 per hour. If you require specialized knowledge or the assistance of other experts, your hourly fee could go up to more than $500. You can learn more about the cost of hiring a private investigator by clicking the link.
We offer a free consultation. No risk. Our friendly staff can help with your issue or point you in the right direction. The consult is free and confidential. Ready? Call (800) 577-1080. We look forward to helping you!
I’ve represented individuals and businesses (international and local) for close to fifty years, and I’ve called on Martin Investigative Services more times than I can count, often on a rush basis, for help throughout the world, on a number of different types of assignments. I’ve never been disappointed. I’ve always received swift, cost-effective and USEFUL information, which has wound up “saving the bacon” of our clients and making us shine in their eyes. I recommend them without any reservation.
Missing Person Search by State
- Alabama Missing Person Search
- Alaska Missing Person Search
- Arizona (Maricopa Missing Person Search) | City of Phoenix Missing Person Search)
- Arkansas Missing Person Search
- California Missing Person Search
- Colorado Missing Person Search
- Connecticut Missing Person Search
- Delaware Missing Person Search
- Florida Missing Person Search
- Georgia Missing Person Search
- Hawaii Missing Person Search | City of Honolulu Missing Person Search)
- Idaho Missing Person Search
- Illinois Missing Person Search
- Indiana Missing Person Search
- Iowa Missing Person Search
- Kansas Missing Person Search
- Kentucky Missing Person Search | City of Louisville Missing Person Search)
- Louisiana Missing Person Search
- Maine Missing Person Search
- Maryland Missing Person Search
- Massachusetts Missing Person Search
- Michigan Missing Person Search
- Minnesota Missing Person Search
- Mississippi Missing Person Search
- Missouri Missing Person Search
- Montana Missing Person Search
- Nebraska Missing Person Search
- Nevada Missing Person Search | City of Las Vegas Misssing Person Search)
- New HampshireMissing Person Search
- New Jersey Missing Person Search
- New Mexico Missing Person Search
- New York Missing Person Search
- North Carolina Missing Person Search
- North Dakota Missing Person Search
- Ohio Missing Person Search
- Oklahoma Missing Person Search
- Oregon Missing Person Search
- Pennsylvania Missing Person Search
- Rhode Island Missing Person Search
- South Carolina Missing Person Search
- South Dakota Missing Person Search
- Tennessee Missing Person Search
- Texas Missing Person Search
- Utah Missing Person Search
- Vermont Missing Person Search
- Virginia Missing Person Search | City of Henrico Missing Person Search)
- Washington Missing Person Search
- West Virginia Missing Person Search
- Wisconsin Missing Person Search
- Wyoming Missing Person Search
Missing Person Search by Facebook Communities
- Alabama Facebook Missing Person Search
- Alaska Facebook Missing Person Search
- Arizona Facebook Missing Person Search
- Arkansas Facebook Missing Person Search
- California Facebook Missing Person Search
- Colorado Facebook Missing Person Search
- Connecticut Facebook Missing Person Search
- Delaware Facebook Missing Person Search
- Florida Facebook Missing Person Search
- Georgia Facebook Missing Person Search
- Hawaii Facebook Missing Person Search
- Idaho Facebook Missing Person Search
- Illinois Facebook Missing Person Search
- Indiana Facebook Missing Person Search
- Iowa Facebook Missing Person Search
- Kansas Facebook Missing Person Search
- Kentucky Facebook Missing Person Search
- Louisiana Facebook Missing Person Search
- Maine Facebook Missing Person Search
- Maryland Facebook Missing Person Search
- Massachusetts Facebook Missing Person Search
- Michigan Facebook Missing Person Search
- Minnesota Facebook Missing Person Search
- Mississippi Facebook Missing Person Search
- Missouri Facebook Missing Person Search
- Montana Facebook Missing Person Search
- Nebraska Facebook Missing Person Search
- Nevada Facebook Missing Person Search
- New Hampshire Facebook Missing Person Search
- New Jersey Facebook Missing Person Search
- New Mexico Facebook Missing Person Search
- New York Facebook Missing Person Search
- North Carolina Facebook Missing Person Search
- North Dakota Facebook Missing Person Search
- Ohio Facebook Missing Person Search
- Oklahoma Facebook Missing Person Search
- Oregon Facebook Missing Person Search
- Pennsylvania Facebook Missing Person Search
- Rhode Island Facebook Missing Person Search
- South Carolina Facebook Missing Person Search
- South Dakota Facebook Missing Person Search
- Tennessee Facebook Missing Person Search
- Texas Facebook Missing Person Search
- Utah Facebook Missing Person Search
- Vermont Facebook Missing Person Search
- Virginia Facebook Missing Person Search
- Washington Facebook Missing Person Search
- West Virginia Facebook Missing Person Search
- Wisconsin Facebook Missing Person Search
- Wyoming Facebook Missing Person Search
Private Investigator Near Me What Do Private Investigators Do?What do PI's really do? Would you ever need one? Here's the truth. Our team of private investigators are former Federal agents with the FBI, DEA, IRS, or Secret Service. We can help you throughout the...
Private Investigator Near Me CHAPTER 14: Establishing PoliciesCreate policies for a better work environment. Here's how. Our team of private investigators are former Federal agents with the FBI, DEA, IRS, or Secret Service. We can help you throughout the continental...
Private Investigator Near Me CHAPTER 13: Sexual HarassmentYour Right to Know. Who will benefit from the information in this survival guide?You will. Our team of private investigators are former Federal agents with the FBI, DEA, IRS, or Secret Service. We can help you...
Private Investigator Near Me CHAPTER 12: Safety at WorkOne third of your life is spent at work. Make sure you're safe.Our team of private investigators are former Federal agents with the FBI, DEA, IRS, or Secret Service. We can help you throughout the continental USA....
Let Us help you Bring Your peace back!Private Investigation Near Me - PI Near Me
“Our team of private investigators are are ready to help you. Your privacy is important to us! Serving states nationally.