Q: What is the most cost effective way to do a background check on a prospective employee?
A: First, it’s important to realize that not all background checks are equal. Most of the online checks contain limited, dated information from only parts of indexes. So you can always do something “quick and cheap”, and you’ll get what you pay for. We have our own in-house computer system which is state-of-the art, highly proprietary and contain information not available to the public or the internet.
Our most popular background search requires that the person is a US citizen. The search is completed within 24 hours, and includes ALL of these indexes:
- Twenty year address history
- Obtaining or Confirming subject’s SS# and Date of Birth
- SS# or Date of Birth being used other than their own
- Name of anyone using their social number including their address
- All Statewide Real Property
- Consumer Public Filings Nationwide which include bankruptcies, notice of defaults, judgments, tax liens and problem with the IRS
- Corporate and Limited Partnership Information
- Uniform Commercial Code Index Information
- Civil (Plaintiff and Defendant) and Criminal (Felonies and Misdemeanors) records in 15 of the 58 California counties
- Fictitious Business Name Index
- Professional Licensing
- Name and addresses of neighbors and businesses
The price is $950. For employees not requiring all the indexes below, one can choose from the list that the employer feels is most relevant. Many of the searches above, when done singularly, can cost $95 to $200 each. You get the most information available at the best pricing when all of the indexes are completed.
All background checks are supervised and completed by former agents of the FBI, DEA, IRS or Secret Service. The report provided is a court-ready document.
An employer should also consider the position level of the new hire. If someone is applying for supervisor or management position, then it behooves them to obtain the most complete report. Those applying for a lesser position, entry level or when they will not be in a position to steal time, money or product, then a less search from the menu below can be considered. There is never a fee to consult with us to discuss your options.